Cinegy Air performs video playout by acting as a TCP/IP-connected video "printer" offering its services in a network. The Cinegy Air broadcast automation software connects to the playout engine and instructs it what to "print" to air and when. Cinegy Air consists of two elements: Cinegy Air control application and Cinegy Playout. Cinegy Air control application provides a state-of-the-art interface for controlling a Cinegy Air service playout channel connected via TCP/IP. Cinegy Playout is responsible for sending the content prepared in the playlist control application to air.
There are two components to install: Cinegy Air control application and Cinegy Playout. Both of them are configured separately with their own configurators.
This quick guide takes you through the steps to get your Cinegy Air software up and running. The Cinegy Air PRO installation and single channel configuration instructions are given in the consecutive steps. The process of Cinegy Air SOLO installation and configuration is similar.
- Step 1: Cinegy Air Installation
- Step 2: Cinegy Air Configuration
- Step 3: Cinegy Playout Installation
- Step 4: Cinegy Playout Configuration
- Step 5: Launching Cinegy Playout
- Step 6: Opening Cinegy Air and Connecting to Cinegy Playout
- Make sure the machine you are using has the required Microsoft Windows operating system installed along with the recommended service packs. Details for system recommendations are available here.
- Check that any sets of custom codecs or fonts are installed on both the client and the playout server stations.
- Download the latest Cinegy Air installation package (PRO or SOLO version). Copy the installers to a shared location in your network so that all client machines can access the package for convenient installation.