Single channel control mode is designed to broadcast a prepared playlist to a specified channel. To activate this mode, select the "Single channel control" from the "Application mode" drop-down list.
The following diagram represents the single channel control mode configuration:
Specify the interface language using the "Language" drop-down list.
Tick off the "Connect automatically" checkbox to enable the Cinegy Air application to automatically connect to the playout server(s) on startup and upon disconnect.
Tick off the "Swap control monitors" checkbox to swap the position of the control monitors on the playout control panel.
The "Edit custom metadata" option defines whether user is allowed to edit custom metadata in the Cinegy Air playlist. If this option is not set, user can edit only the Name and Comments values. If this option is set, user can edit the playlist item description and any custom metadata fields.
If the built-in Cinegy Browser is not required in Cinegy Air and you also have Cinegy Desktop installed, select the "Don’t use Cinegy Browser" option.
In the "User log folder" field, specify the folder location where the user log files will be stored. To do this, use the "..." button or enter the path via the keyboard.
The "Alerts log folder" field specifies the alerts log files location.
In the "EPG configuration file" field, define the EPG configuration file location.
Then set up the following settings:
- Video system – TV system used for broadcasting.
- Aspect ratio – aspect ratio for the video stream (4:3 or 16:9).
- Audio level reference – the zero dB level for the VU meter.
- Preserve original audio – the option for disabling the audio volume control on the playout control panel.
- Engine 1, 2 – master and slave playout servers.
Tick off the "Local" checkbox if Cinegy Playout is installed and launched on the local computer. If several Cinegy Playout instances are started on the same server, you need to specify what Engine instance will be used to process the specified playlist in the corresponding "#" field next to the server IP address.
- Active playlist – File with the *.MCRactive extension that contains the content of the active playlist. You can browse for an existing file or simply enter the file name in the defined location for a new file. The playlist will be restored from this file when you launch the Cinegy Air application in one of the control modes. When you close the Cinegy Air application, the currently used playlist will be automatically saved to this file.
- Auto append folder – the watch folder for the playlists to be automatically appended to the end of the current playlist. Once a playlist file is detected in this folder, validation of its TV format compatibility, as well as its start date and time is performed automatically. If the playlist is scheduled to start in the future (i.e. it will not start immediately) and has the compatible format, it will be appended to the current playlist and the original playlist file will be moved to the "Processed" subfolder. If the playlist is scheduled to start in the past or has an incompatible format, it will not be appended and will be moved to the "Declined" subfolder. In this case the corresponding error message will be added to the Cinegy Air log.
- Remote CG – the server and the instance number of the separate dedicated playout instance that renders the Cinegy Type templates.
- CG Repository – the folder location where Cinegy Type templates are stored.
Select the "Collaborative Editing" checkbox to enable collaborative work on the playlist.
"Shared playlist" option allows to edit the playlist from two different computers simultaneously. If the playlist is changed on one computer, the changes will automatically appear on the second computer. Refer to the Simultaneous Playlist Editing paragraph for more information about this configuration model.
The "Audio Matrix presets" field defines the audio matrix presets in the XML format storage location.
The XML file contains the following data:
audio mapping matrix;
Dolby Digital 5.1 encoding profile;
Dolby Digital 2.0 encoding profile.
The default audio mapping matrix is set for direct mapping of 8 audio channels. The mixing factor can be adjusted according to your needs directly in XML file or using the Audio Profile Editor.
The "Legacy sequence audio" parameter defines how to process Sequences without master audio tracks prepared in Cinegy Desktop 9.1 and earlier.
There are two parameters defining the aspect ratio values of the items inserted into a playlist.
Using the "Default original aspect" drop-down list, define the original aspect ratio value to be used by default for the source files inserted into a playlist. To define the aspect ratio value automatically, choose "Auto".
In the "Default target aspect" drop-down list, choose the target aspect ratio to be applied to playlist items. Set this value to "Original" to keep the original aspect ratio of a playlist item. If the "Stretch" value is selected, the target video stream is stretched to fill the entire frame, no cropping is applied.
Before working with Cinegy Air in one of the control modes, you should define the startup protection parameters and assign users with the privileges to log in to the application.
To do this, press the "Security" button; the following dialog box appears:
Here enable the password protection by ticking off the corresponding checkbox. Press the "Add" button to add a certain user or the whole group to the corresponding user group. The following dialog box appears:
Here define the object type and the location to search; enter the object name.
|Press the "Remove" button to remove the selected member from the corresponding user security group.|
EPG (Electronic Program Guide) and conditional access features provide broadcasting with the additional information about a program schedule based on the currently used playlist. This information can be displayed on the consumer’s television screen via a receiver.
The "EPG" option enables/disables the EPG (Electronic Program Guide) service. If this option is not selected, both EPG and conditional access services are disabled.
Here you can set up the following EPG parameters:
- Channel – TV channel for the EPG information transmittance.
- Language – EPG information language.
- PR – Parental control rating for program schedule.
Conditional Access Configuration
The conditional access service provides access control functionality for viewing of the defined program(s) or the whole TV channel (e.g. commercial pay-per-view television).
Fundamentally the operator can set specific conditional access parameters for each program. Setting of conditional access data is performed by defining the desired template. Each template includes an individual set of parameters.
Depending on the specified model of the conditional access product, the corresponding encoding type for the desired program is applied.
The following types of conditional access products are supported:
- Subscription Products – the consumer can buy a subscription to view the preferred channel(s) over a limited time period.
- Order-ahead pay-per-view (OPPV) – the subscriber can purchase a one-time program ahead of time.
- Impulse pay-per-view (IPPV) – the subscriber can purchase a program impulsively.
Select the "CA Template(s)" option to enable the conditional access service. If this option is not selected, the conditional access data will not be generated and transmitted to the NDS server.
Press the "Modify..." link to set up conditional access parameters. The following dialog box, containing the list of specified templates, appears:
Here you can set up the list of templates.
|Press this button to add a new template.|
|Press this button to edit the parameters of the selected template.|
The "CA parameters" dialog box appears:
Select the desired template from the pull-down list and specify all input CA parameters.
Specify the start time for the current template in hours:minutes:seconds. If a template with the specified start time already exists, the error message appears:
Press the "OK" button and specify a different start time.
In the "CA parameters" dialog you can also specify time boundaries for free preview (FPV). To do this, set the start and end values in the corresponding fields.